Prior to joining Fort Capital, Bretton was an investment analyst with a quantitative macro fund assisting with investment research, modelling, trading, reporting, and investor relations. Bretton began his career in finance as a corporate finance analyst, advising on M&A and capital raising mandates.
Bretton obtained a BBA degree from the University of New Brunswick simultaneous to playing on the varsity men’s hockey team. Bretton is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder.
- Investment Analyst, Viewpoint Investment Partners, 2019 – 2020
- Analyst, Corporate Finance, Deloitte, 2017 – 2018
- Founder and Director, Bellevue Performance Advisors, 2014 – 2019
- Transaction execution, modelling, research, and presentations
- Mentor, BMO Mentorship Program at the Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary