Before joining Fort Capital, Brian was the founder of Thunderstone Capital, based in Calgary, Alberta, where he provided investment banking and consulting services. He has counselled organizations, boards, entrepreneurs and private equity firms regarding mergers and acquisitions, raising capital, restructurings, and strategic investments. Brian has been an investment banker for over 30 years and held executive‐level roles in financial advisory and investment banking. He has been involved in over $25 billion of mergers and acquisitions, and over $22 billion of equity and debt financings in Canada and internationally. He has also served as a board member on a number of private and public companies.
Brian graduated from University of British Columbia in 1989, with a Bachelor of Commerce, Finance Degree and received his Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation in 1993.
- Thunderstone Capital, President
- Co-Head Investment Banking, Stonecap Securities
- Cormark Securities, Managing Director
- RBC Capital Markets – Associate to Managing Director, 1989 to 2005
- Mergers and acquisitions origination and execution, restructuring, capital raising & advisory transactions
- Relationship management
- Major Donor Committee, United Way Calgary
- Trustee of NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT