Opportunity: Investment Banking Analyst
Application Deadline: End of day, October 15th, 2021
Fort Capital Partners is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join its team as an Investment Banking Analyst in a full-time capacity. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced bankers who have spent the majority of their careers at large investment banks, and seasoned executives in a unique, entrepreneurial environment. You will enjoy a dynamic and challenging work environment in which you will be tasked with creating client presentations, building financial models, and conducting research while executing a broad range of transactions, including M&A, financing, and capital markets advisory mandates. A great attitude, strong willingness to learn, and the ability to complete any task – big or small – will help to differentiate the successful candidate.
- Creating and updating financial models, performing financial statement and capital markets related analysis as business needs dictate
- Conducting industry research and communicating findings to deal team
- Preparing client presentations (including compiling data and assembling presentation materials)
- Maintaining information databases
- Supporting transaction execution efforts, with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability over time
- Outstanding academic achievement with an undergraduate degree with academic coursework in finance, economics, or accounting
- 1-2 years Investment banking, accounting or other corporate finance related professional experience
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to work on multiple projects
- Dedicated team player
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability and problem solving skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
Favourable But Not Required
- Enrollment in the CPA, CFA or CBV designation programs
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and a copy of their most recent academic transcript via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Fort Capital Investment Banking Analyst” in the subject line of the email. Only full applications will be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Fort Capital Partners
Fort Capital is an independent, partner-owned investment bank that works with public and private companies in Canada. The firm draws from the collective capital markets experience of its team to provide its clients with proven, accessible and independent investment banking advice and transaction execution.
Creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do. At Fort Capital Partners, we are striving to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices and experiences of our employees.