Opportunity: Investment Banking Analyst
Application Deadline: Will remain open until filled
Fort Capital Partners is seeking a highly motivated Analyst to join our Vancouver team. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced senior bankers in a unique, entrepreneurial environment, with a significant amount of diversified deal flow. Since inception in 2014, Fort Capital has successfully raised over $4 billion in capital and advised on over $38 billion in M&A value. Our firm has approximately 50 team members across our Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary offices.
What We Offer
At Fort Capital, we strive to provide an experience unlike other investment banks. We’re a partner owned firm without the rigid structure you might find at larger institutions. For our partners, it means an exceptional level of flexibility and a culture of collaboration. For our younger bankers, it results in particularly broad exposure to transactions and clients, with a higher-than-typical balance of “real work” vs. pitching and routine client coverage. We work as practically and efficiently as possible, and want the best of you, not the rest of you.
Along the way, we provide flexibility, including the ability to work from home one day per week and a real effort to protect personal time on weekends. Quality of life is important to us.
We’re team oriented and collaborative with a flat reporting structure. As a developing banker at Fort Capital, you can feel confident that you’re getting career building live deal experience and client exposure unlike anywhere else. If you want to learn quickly and be part of a passionate, engaging and entrepreneurial culture, Fort Capital is a great fit. Conversely, if you’re looking for a ladder to climb, are focused on competing internally with your teammates for attention and promotion, this isn’t the right place for you.
- Creating and updating financial models, performing financial statement and capital markets related analysis as business needs dictate
- Conducting industry research and communicating findings to deal team
- Preparing client presentations (including compiling data and assembling presentation materials)
- Maintaining information databases
- Supporting transaction execution efforts, with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability over time
- Bachelors level University degree with strong academic achievement record
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Motivated, self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
Favourable But Not Required
- Previous M&A advisory, private equity and corporate development experience
- CPA, CFA or CBV designations, or enrolment in same
- Base Salary of $100,000 per annum, plus a competitive discretionary bonus, based on experience, individual performance, firm performance, and market conditions
- Extended Health program with enhanced spending allocations
- Minimum three weeks of paid vacation with additional flex days
About Fort Capital
From the start, we’ve been determined to approach investment banking differently. We’re an alliance of independent investment bankers, many of whom left the world of big-name banking looking for something better for our clients and for our own careers. Most of us grew weary of spending our days consumed by internal bureaucracy; bound by policies created with the bank’s interests in mind, and not the clients’.
At Fort Capital, we’re free to do the hands-on work we love, for clients we choose, and our clients’ interests come first. Always. We start every collaboration with one fundamental question: what does our client want to achieve, and how can we help them get there? Then we build them the very best, most strategic team for the job—from our own ranks and from our network of collaborators, across Canada and around the world.
Because it’s not about us. It’s about our clients and the businesses they’ve built, often from the ground up. We align our definition of success with theirs, and doggedly strive to achieve it. And we do succeed—for our clients, on their terms—day after day; deal after deal. We’re known for what we do in part because we’re experienced experts in our field. But more importantly, we genuinely care about each client and every deal we take on. Simply put, we’re all in at a personal level. Because business IS personal, to our clients and to us.
It’s a more rewarding, collaborative and client-centered approach to investment banking. If you ask us, it’s the way investment banking should be.
Welcome to Fort Capital. Investment banking, elevated.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and a copy of their most recent academic transcript via email to email@example.com, with “Fort Capital Investment Banking Analyst” in the subject line of the email. Only full applications will be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.