Opportunity: Credit Advisory Analyst
Location: Vancouver, BC
Application Deadline: End of day, October15th, 2021
Fort Capital Partners Credit Advisory practice provides strategic advice to clients looking to acquire new credit or restructure/refinance their existing facilities with bank and non-bank lenders. Our clients rely on us to understand their business and industry, and to provide intelligent, practical, and independent advice on optimal financing structures and terms. We benefit from access to and relationships with a broad range of senior, subordinate and mezzanine lenders in Canada and the United States.
Fort Capital Partners is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join its team as Credit Advisory Analyst in a full-time capacity. The selected candidate will enjoy a dynamic and challenging work environment in which you will be tasked with creating client presentations, building financial models, and conducting research while executing financing transactions of varying sizes across a broad range of industries. A great attitude, strong willingness to learn, and the ability to complete any task – big or small – will help to differentiate the successful candidate.
- Creating and updating financial models, performing financial statement, company, and capital markets related analysis as business needs dictate
- Supporting financing transaction execution efforts, including client and lender communication, with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability over time
- Monitoring progress of multiple transactions to ensure timelines and deadlines are met
- Conducting industry and credit market research and communicating findings
- Preparing client presentations (including compiling data and assembling presentation materials)
- Maintaining information databases and coordinating correspondence and flow of information between multiple parties
- Supporting the broader Fort Capital Partners team on non-Credit Advisory mandates from time to time.
- Outstanding academic achievement with an undergraduate degree with academic coursework in finance, economics, or accounting
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to work on multiple projects
- Aptitude to think resourcefully and take initiative
- Dedicated team player
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability and problem solving skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
Favourable But Not Required
- Banking, accounting or other corporate finance related professional experience
- CPA or equivalent accounting designation
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter [and a copy of their most recent academic transcript] via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Fort Capital Credit Advisory Analyst” in the subject line of the email. Only full applications will be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fort Capital is an independent, partner-owned investment bank that works with public and private companies in Canada. The firm draws from the collective capital markets experience of its team to provide its clients with proven, accessible and independent.
Creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do. At Fort Capital Partners, we are striving to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices and experiences of our employees.