Rob has over 35 years of experience in the financial services industry. Over the course of his career, he has leveraged his senior executive and board contacts as an investment banker in Canada and as an executive search consultant in Hong Kong.
During his time leading Merrill Lynch Canada, Rob advised many of the largest and most successful Canadian companies on critical cross border and domestic capital markets transactions.
Most recently, Rob led Korn Ferry International’s financial services and board consulting teams across Asia Pacific, utilising a strong regional network of institutional and corporate relationships.
Rob is a lawyer with an LLB from University of Toronto and an MBA from Harvard University.
- Korn Ferry International – Head of Financial Services and Head of Board Consulting for Asia Pacific – 2008 to 2017
- Korn Ferry International – Global Head of Financial Services – 2006 to 2008
- Korn Ferry International – Head of Board Services for Canada – 2005 to 2008
- Merrill Lynch Canada – various investment banking roles encompassing Chairman of Merrill Lynch Canada, Head of Investment Banking for Canada, and Head of Investment Banking for Western Canada -1988 to 2000
- Wood Gundy Limited – various investment banking roles culminating in Head of Prairie Region – 1978 to 1988
- Origination of M&A, capital raising and advisory transactions. Client and board relationship management.
Rob has served as Chairman of the Share Life Corporate Appeal, on the executive committee of the Investment Dealers’ Association, on the board of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and as an honourary advisor to the Hong Kong Federation of Business Students.