Before joining Fort Capital, Morna spent twenty-five years in progressively senior roles in corporate development, finance, and operations. She has significant experience in mergers and acquisitions, accounting, financial planning, and strategy development and execution. Morna has held executive level roles with two high-growth franchise brands.
Morna graduated from University College Cork, Ireland in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics, and in 1994 with a Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance. She is a Chartered Professional Accountant, and holds the ICD.D designation from the Institute of Corporate Directors.
- LIVE WELL Exercise Clinic, CFO, 2017-2020
- 4Cats Enterprises, COO, 2012-2015
- Intrawest ULC, VP of Corporate Development, 2006-2010
- Westcoast Energy Inc., Strategic Development, 1993-2003
- Deloitte LLP, Assurance and Financial Advisory Services, 1995-1999
Morna has primary responsibility for both the strategic development and the day-to-day operations at Fort Capital. In this role, she supports and coordinates operations for all regions and all business units.
- YWCA Metro Vancouver Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Chair, Finance, Audit & Investment Committee, YWCA Metro Vancouver, 2019-2021
- Forum for Women Entrepreneurs, Mentor, 2014-2016
- Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland Honourary Advisory Board, 2016-2018
- Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland Board of Directors, 2009-2016 (Chair 2013-2015)
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of BC & Yukon Board of Directors, 1999-2008 (Chair, 2004-2008)
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Canada Board of Directors, 2002-2004