Opportunity: Investment Banking Associate
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: Midnight, December 5th, 2021
Fort Capital Partners is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join its team as an Investment Banking Associate. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced investment bankers and highly regarded institutional investment managers, who have spent the majority of their careers at large investment banks and financial institutions, in a unique, entrepreneurial environment. You will enjoy a dynamic and challenging workplace in which you will be tasked with creating client presentations, building financial models, and providing guidance to Analysts while executing a broad range of transactions, including M&A, financing, and capital markets advisory mandates. The ideal candidate will have the ability to execute on assignments with minimal oversight.
- Building financial models, valuation analyses, merger models, corporate finance solutions and any additional financial analyses
- Preparation of client proposals, and pitch books / marketing documents (teaser, CIM etc.)
- Assisting with client development (coordinate data with clients, assist in presentation of new ideas to clients)
- Managing deal processes and providing guidance to Analysts
- Collecting and analyzing industry research and trends
- Tracking business development
- Bachelors level University degree with outstanding academic achievement
- 3+ years of investment banking experience is strongly preferred
- Previous M&A advisory and corporate/business development experience will also be considered
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Motivated, self-starter with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
Favourable But Not Required
- CFA, CPA, or CBV Designations
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Fort Capital Investment Banking Associate” in the subject line of the email. Only full applications will be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fort Capital Partners is an independent, partner-owned investment bank that works with public and private companies in Canada. The firm draws from the collective capital markets experience of its team to provide its clients with proven, accessible and independent investment banking advice and transaction execution.
Creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do. At Fort Capital Partners, we are striving to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices and experiences of our employees.