Ali’s career has been built on the loyalty and close relationships he has developed with executives at Canada’s top resource companies, guiding them through acquisitions, capital markets strategy and financings. Since 2001, Ali has led over 300 equity transactions totaling over $5 billion in proceeds and has managed over 20 M&A advisory assignments totaling $6 billion in value.
Ali graduated from The University of British Columbia in 1994 with a Bachelor of Commerce. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Accountants (FCA) of British Columbia.
- Canaccord Genuity, Managing Director, Mining Investment Banking and Head of Venture Capital, 2000-2016
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, Manager Taxation, 1993-2000
- Globe & Mail’s Canada’s Top 40 Under 40, 2009
- In Depth Taxation, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Mergers and acquisitions origination and execution, capital raising and advisory assignments
- Government-appointed Director and Chair of the Audit Committee, Metro Vancouver Transit Police
- Director, Science World, TELUS World of Science
- National Advisory Committee, TMX
- Advisory Committee member, TSX Venture Exchange
- Advisory Committee member, BC Securities Commission, 2006-2010
- Advisory Council member, UBC Alumni Association, 2012-2016
- Donor and Superhero Council member, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Lead donor and fundraiser, Sauder School of Business