Derek has 25+ years of experience in investment banking with a focus on capital raising & markets advisory, business development and M&A. His focus on growth capital is uniquely supported by his own entrepreneurial roots and experience in rapidly growing businesses. This blended experience and strategic mindset blends nicely with extensive capital markets experience covering thousands of transactions in equity offerings including IPOs and private placements, strategic advice as well as buy and sell mandates.
Derek holds a B.Comm (Honours) from Queens University.
- Managing Director, Canaccord, 1995-2001; 2005-2009
- Co-Founder, MGI Securities/Jovian Capital, 2001-2005
- Founder BayFront Holdings, 2010-2019
- Strategic advisory, capital raising, capital markets advisory and, mergers & acquisitions
- 10 years+ minor hockey volunteer coach