Duncan brings over 20 years experience in the financial markets to Fort Capital, including investment banking with several international firms in Vancouver, Toronto and New York as well as “buy-side” investment management and corporate development skills, including managing a $2 billion Canadian equity fund.
Duncan has an honours degree, with distinction, in business administration and finance from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario. He is a CFA Charterholder and a Chartered Business Valuator.
- R Duncan Baird Financial Consulting, independent corporate development consulting work, including The Co-operators Group and Pacific Northern Gas
- The Co-operators Group, Vice President, Corporate Development, 2010-2011
- Addenda Capital Inc, Portfolio Manager, 2007-2010
- Scotia Capital, Associate Director, Investment Banking 2001-2006
- Deutsche Bank, Associate, 1997-2001
- Credit Suisse First Boston, Analyst, 1996-1997
- Execution of mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and advisory assignments