Stephen has over 20 years of experience in clean technology and renewable power, particularly at their intersection with public policy. In his current roles, he specializes in providing both advice and early stage growth capital to companies seeking to build disruptive technologies into scalable businesses.
As a Partner at PacBridge Capital Partners as well as an advisor to other family offices, Stephen utilises his strong network of business, clean technology, international and government relationships. He serves on the Board of Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC), DevvStream Carbon Credit Investing, and was previously on the Board of Rotoliptic Technologies.
Stephen has graduated from the ICD-Rotman, Directors Education Program (September 2022) and is a member of the Institute of Corporate Directors, ICD.D (September 2022). Stephen is also a lawyer with an LLB from the University of New Brunswick.
- Partner, PacBridge Capital Partners, 2016-present
- Principal/Owner, Ku Group Holdings, 2007-present
- Co-Founder, Wazuku Advisory Group, 2011-2017
- President, Atla Energy/Syntaris Power, 2007-2011
- Director External Affairs and Emerging Market Business Development, Ballard Power Systems, 2000-2007
He has also served as Vice-Chair, Fuel Cells Canada (FCC); Chair, Canadian Transportation Fuel Cell Alliance (CTFCA); Steering Team & Planning Committee – California Fuel Cell Partnership (CaFCP); Member, US Dept. of Energy’s Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Advisory Panel; Director, National Hydrogen Association (U.S.) & Director, US Fuel Cells Council.
- Origination of M&A, capital raising and advisory transactions. Client and board relationship management.
- Stephen has served on both the United Way of the Lower Mainland and the Vancouver Community College Boards. He has also served on the Organizing Committee/Steering Team for the Friends of Victoria Basketball (2021 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament).