Alex has more than 25 years of experience as a business leader and senior executive in Canadian capital markets and investment banking.
After establishing himself in various roles in institutional equities at leading Canadian investment banks, Alex was appointed President & Executive Director of Macquarie Capital Markets Canada and ran the equities business for seven years until moving to Vancouver Island with his family in 2015.
Alex has advised public and private companies on their growth & acquisition strategies and associated funding requirements throughout his career and has raised several billion dollars of capital for them in structures ranging from early-stage investment rounds to large IPOs and follow-on offerings.
More recently, Alex has been an active angel investor and a strategic advisor, board member and CFO to BC-based growth companies and has added many VCs and family offices to his long-standing network of hedge funds, mutual funds and pension funds.
Alex holds a Bachelor of Chemical Engineering from McGill University (1991) and an MBA from the Ivey School of Business (1995).
- Founder & Board Member, Global Remediation Technologies, 2019-present
- CFO, Eupraxia Pharmaceuticals, 2018-2021
- President & Executive Director, Macquarie Capital Markets Canada, 2007-2015
- Senior Managing Partner, Orion Securities (sold to Macquarie), 2005-2007
- Director & Head of Institutional Sales, National Bank Financial, 2001-2005
- Merger Arbitrage Sales, 1995-2001
- Origination of strategic advisory and capital raising transactions
- Execution of capital raising transactions
- Client and Board relationship management