Ali has over 20 years experience as an investment banker. While at Fort Ali has advised on over $20Billion of transactions and is working with the country’s top mining executives. Additionally, Ali is an active Angel Investor and works closely with burgeoning entrepreneurs.
Ali holds the prestigious fellowship of chartered accountants and is an alumnus and active supporter of the UBC Sauder School of Business.
- Canaccord Genuity, Managing Director, Mining Investment Banking and Head of Venture Capital, 2000-2016
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, Manager Taxation, 1993-2000
- Mergers & acquisitions, strategic advisory, capital raising, and independent fairness opinions.
- Director, Chair of Nominating & Governance Committee, VGH/UBC Hospital Foundation
- Mentor, Forum for Women Entrepreneurs
- Associate Mentor, Creative Destruction Labs
- Local and National Judge, E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year
- Past Director and Chair of the Audit Committee, Metro Vancouver Transit Police
- Past Director, Science World, TELUS World of Science 2012-2019
- Local and National-Advisory Committee member, TSX Venture Exchange
- Past Advisory Committee member, BC Securities Commission, 2006-2010
- Advisory Council member, UBC Alumni Association, 2012-2016
- Lead donor and fundraiser, VGH/Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Donor and fundraiser, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Donor and Superhero Council member, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Lead donor and fundraiser, Sauder School of Business