Prior to founding Fort Capital in 2014, Dave spent 23 years as an investment banker in roles from analyst to managing director with national and international firms in Vancouver, Toronto and New York. He has advised companies, boards and entrepreneurs on M&A transactions and capital raising across a broad range of industries, and managed relationships with corporations, entrepreneurs, private equity firms and government entities.
Dave graduated from The University of British Columbia in 1991 with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree and distinction of Leslie Wong Fellow, having graduated from the UBC Portfolio Management Foundation (PMF).
- RBC Capital Markets, Co-Head British Columbia, Head of Forest Products, 2009-2014
- Scotia Capital, Head of BC Investment Banking, 2001-2007
- BMO Capital Markets, Associate to Managing Director, Mining IB, 1993-2001
- Salomon Brothers, Analyst, Financial Institutions, 1991-1993
- Origination and execution of M&A, capital raising and advisory transactions
- Relationship management
- Partnership culture and strategy
- Past Chair, Board of Governors, Collingwood School
- Past Director, VGH UBC Hospital Foundation and UBC PMF
- Mentor, Forum for Women Entrepreneurs