Jim has worked in capital markets for more than 25 years – in all roles from sales and trading to raising capital and senior-level advising. He has represented a broad range of corporate issuers and institutional investors in Western Canada, managing relationships and equity distribution/sales. Jim has also been a senior advisor to the boards of a several start-up businesses, guiding them on capital structure, raising capital, corporate presentations and strategic partnerships.
Jim is a Institute of Corporate Directors, Director (ICD.D).
- Rival Capital Management, Managing Director, 2010-2015
- RBC Capital Markets, Director, 1999-2010
- BMO Capital Markets, VP Equity Sales, 1988-1999
- Bunting Warburg
- McLeod Young Weir
- Relationships, initiation of M&A and capital raising with strategic investors
- Director, Alpine Canada , Chair, Whistler Cup, North America’s largest international children’s ski race
- Past President, Whistler Mountain Ski Club
- FIS Alpine Technical Delegate